[thelist] CAPTCHA

Chris Price chris.price at choctaw.co.uk
Sat Aug 8 17:07:35 CDT 2009

Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> And why can't a picture be the CAPTCHA that you have to express in words. Show a photo or drawing of a house, with no ALT IMG description of course, and user has to type in "house" in the text entry box?
>

> Uh, wha? That seems iffy.
>
> I'd think one person's "house" might be another's "home", or "building",
> or -- Rorschach test anyone? :-)

A house may also be a maison. This isn't something you can just take a
stab at. There must be background research on this.

But I'd definitely go for the 2 unrelated but real words.

I hadn't heard of Rorschach - just looked it up. I see a cat.
--

Kind Regards

  Chris Price
  Choctaw

chris.price at choctaw.co.uk <mailto:chris.price at choctaw.co.uk>
www.choctaw.co.uk <http://www.choctaw.co.uk>

Tel. 01524 825 245
Mob. 0777 629 0227

Choctaw Media
Fertile Ground for Websites

Follow me on Twitter <http://twitter.com/choctaw>
Catch up with me on LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/spoonfulofdreams>

 >> Sent on behalf of Choctaw Media Ltd <<

Choctaw Media Limited is a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 04627649

Registered Office: Priory Close, St Mary's Gate,
Lancaster LA1 1XB, United Kingdom.