[thelist] CAPTCHA

Will willthemoor at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 10:34:54 CDT 2009

recaptcha uses real words - some of them are just too garbled.

careful with interpretive questions - particularly ones where you're
only testing for the english answer. it's a big internet. images (w/o
alt text) and color based ones are just not going to work for some
users. I guess it all depends on the site/audience. I'm on a couple of
topic specific forums that use a question only those interested in the
forum's topic would know the answer to.

still think hidden input or dead simple math is the way to go until
it's a problem.