[thelist] CAPTCHA

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Tue Aug 18 14:49:50 CDT 2009

On Aug 8, 2009, at 9:07 PM, Hassan Schroeder wrote:

> I've seen CAPTCHAs that sucked, yes, but personally I'd be more
> inclined to just go with the "what's 2 + 2" question approach rather
> than stretch too far into interpretation based on what may not be a
> shared worldview.

For that type of thing you can also use questions where the the
answers are definitive but not easily deciphered by a computer, e.g.

Which is warmer, ice or steam?

That also has the advantage that the answer is directly suggested in
the question in a way a human can pick out.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
http://striderweb.com/