[thelist] Ordered lists WITHOUT fullstop after number?

Symeon Charalabides symeon at systasis.com
Thu Aug 20 03:58:52 CDT 2009

There is no HTML/CSS way to remove the full stop after the list marker. If you absolutely must have no full stop there, you'll have to remove the list altogether, turn the list items into paragraphs and style the number that starts them accordignly.

However, you will be losing the semantic value of a list that way. Personally, I would push to have the list stay as it is and advise the person who wants the full stop removed to not be so anal.

>  As far as I can tell, there is no simple CSS option to "turn off" the
>  full stop. Would anyone have any suggestions on how to achieve this?

Symeon Charalabides (cosmopolite trainee)