[thelist] Joomla anyone? also PHP randomizer?

Mohan Arun L marun2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 03:14:35 CDT 2009

Any suggestions?  I don't know PHP at all, though I am guessing that
there is a PHP function similar to that which I'm using in ASP to make
the background switch out (thank you again, Brian!).  Or I could use
Javascript if I could figure that out.  As I've mentioned previously,
my web expertise is more in the marketing area, and the more technical
things I am very shaky on-trying to learn, though!

I guess I remember you wanted the background dancer image to change
upon every page load. I guess you need php image rotation script.
http://www.marcofolio.net/webdesign/php_random_image_rotation.html

If the dancer image switch needs to be initiated by the user (on
clicking a link or something) then you would need to use alternate
style sheet.

http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/complexspiral/demo.html
(scroll down to the section titled 'alternate fun')
If you view source you can see alternate stylesheet in use - to change
stylesheet (which changes the background image) you would click on the
link that initiates the action or go to View > page style> and change
the style sheet there. (Firefox)