[thelist] make PDFs open at 100%

Jason Handby jason.handby at corestar.co.uk
Tue Aug 25 18:04:49 CDT 2009

> Thanks; I'm looking for a web option since these are archive documents
> provided by the client, and it's not likely anyone's going to go re-
> create
> them.
> A web option?

Here's an idea. Instead of linking directly to your PDFs, link to a
server-side script that opens them with a PDF component, reads them into
memory, sets the relevant option and streams the document to the
browser.

I haven't tested this, but it looks like in ABCpdf.NET you can use the
SetInfo method of the Doc object to set the default zoom of the current
page to 100%:

  theDoc.SetInfo(theDoc.Root,
    "/OpenAction",
    "[ " + theDoc.Page.ToString()
    + " 0 R /XYZ null null 1 ]")

I've no idea how you'd do this in PHP, which I'm sure will be your next
question, but someone on here will know!

Jason