[thelist] IE UA strings

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 28 12:54:01 CDT 2009

On 2009/08/28 18:26 (GMT+0100) ben morrison composed:

> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Felix Miata<mrmazda at earthlink.net> wrote:

>> Every Gecko I've tested reports correct UA in .ua-string on
>> http://fm.no-ip.com/auth/dpi-screen-window.html but I have IE8
>> 8.0.60001.18702 on WinXP reporting ...(compatible; MSIE 7.0.... Anyone with
>> IE8 installed on WinXP show MSIE 8.0 on that page? On Vista?

>> My apache access log does show instances of MSIE 8.0 from others, but not
>> from my WinXP/8.0 system.

> Just a thought > does compatability settings make a difference?

> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/08/27/introducing-compatibility-view.aspx

I use Windows very little, and forgot about that. It certainly does make the
difference. Thank you!

It is barely apparent how to tell which is currently enabled, but the
background around the icon is lighter in standards and darker in
compatibility. Hovering tells what the button is for, but not its current
state. :-(
--
How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose
understanding rather than silver. Proverbs 16:16 NKJV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/