[thelist] CSS transparency question

Shannon Hubbell brundlefly at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 02:19:35 CDT 2009

If you set the opacity of a parent, that opacity is inherited by any child.
Your "opaque" class is already set to 100 opacity by default. It can't get
any more opaque than it is. I can think of two things you can do to
accomplish what you want.

#1 Use a 90% opacity .png as the background of your "seethrough" class. This
will be an issue with IE6, but there are ways around it.

#2 Take .opaque out of .seethrough entirely, then position .opaque over
.seethrough.

Hope that helps.

~S