[thelist] How to check if a domain has hosting

Roberto Gorjão roberto at asenseofdesign.com
Thu Sep 10 19:32:25 CDT 2009

Hi again,

Actually, the redirect-check will only pick up redirected domains, not
framed or cloaked ones. In those cases it will say something like:

"Either example.com is NOT REDIRECTING to any URL or the redirect is NOT
SEARCH ENGINE FRIENDLY"

If you use checkdns.net (please make sure you have "maximum detail"
option selected), you'll get this reading under "CheckDNS.NET verifies
www servers":

does not support frames. We recommend upgrading your browser.. Click .
here. to enter the site.."

If the domain is simply redirected you'll get this reading:

Your main page redirects to another location. Several search engines
will be unable to index your site."

Hope that helps!

Roberto