[thelist] How to check if a domain has hosting

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 15:53:50 CDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Roberto Gorjão
<roberto at asenseofdesign.com> wrote:
> Actually, Hassan, IP addresses are not reliable indicators in these
> cases. The same to server configs, if redirects or forwardings have been
> set at the domain registrar. I have both forwarded and redirected
> domains and they all present different IPs from those to which they
> point to, even when forwarding is established at the domain registrar.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by either "forwarded" or
"redirected" in this context.

A name server takes a hostname and returns an IP address, or vice
versa. I'd love to see a concrete example of whatever it is you're
describing in that last sentence, because it makes no sense to me.

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
twitter: @hassan