[thelist] Just moved from Vista to Ubuntu -Web Dev Help???

Jay Turley jayturley at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 03:27:19 CDT 2009

On Sep 28, 2009, at 11:59 PM, Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com>
wrote:

> LAMP:
> http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu_lamp_for_newbies
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP
> http://www.ubuntugeek.com/step-by-step-ubuntu-904-jaunty-lamp-server-setup.html
>
> Took 30 seconds on Google to find those. I have setup LAMP on an
> Ubuntu workstation once or twice--just follow the directions and you
> should be OK.

Yeah I found a bunch of instructions by googling too. It's just that
as is often with Linux there's a plethora of slightly different
versions of how to do it. Setting up our server at work was less
troublesome because there's a nice server guide I could follow. :)

Thanks for the links and info.

-Jay