[thelist] Best PHP Email Newsletter Application

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Tue Sep 29 09:27:12 CDT 2009

-----Original Message-----

www.dadamail.com is doable.  the free version will do most of what you
want with a batch of email addresses; the commercial version (one time
license fee) I think allows some additional personalization (probably
people names). you can import/export addresses as you wish from .csv.

many hosting providers have either hourly or daily limits for sending
messages.  with hostgator the limit is 500/hr; 200 is common. place a
service request to the provider to find out.  then you do some simple
math, edit the seconds between messages configuration to run under the
radar screen.  the component i use on my joomla websites does similar,
different terminology i think they call it throttling.

the other thing on any of these programs to note is what happens during
a service interruption of any sort, local-network-computer. read the
manual to learn whether it auto-restarts or you have to access a page
and jump-start it.

--
Bob Meetin
Rocket Science - the Art of Managing Distractions