[thelist] Best PHP Email Newsletter Application

Tony Spiro spirony at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 18:29:51 CDT 2009

Thanks for all your responses!  I'm thinking that SMTP is the way to avoid
this issue.

I stumbled upon this site and think I'll try the PHP Mailer package:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmailer/files/phpmailer%20for%20php5_6/

Found it recommended on this site:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/977592/what-smtp-server-does-php-mail-use-by-default-and-are-there-better-options

I'm fairly new to the concept of SMTP and how the server sends mail and how
to avoid the server email limit.  Any more info would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks again,
Tony