[thelist] Just moved from Vista to Ubuntu -Web Dev Help???

Jay Turley jayturley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 02:12:37 CDT 2009

Thanks, Viggie, that was some great information!

I just finished installing the LAMP stack with apt-get, and now I'm
wondering what happens if I try to mix this sort of thing up. Like if - for
instance - I use the Synaptic Package Manager to install curl and gd2, will
it freak out?

I looked up by task, and it now shows that my desktop is configured to act
as a LAMP server with many of the php5 extensions/modules/? included.

So I guess that means I did it right. That "by task" is pretty cool; without
your email I would never have known it was there.

I'll check out Bluefish in addition to the other recommendations.

-Jay