[thelist] Amazon S3 secure video tutorial

Joel Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Sun Oct 4 18:22:26 CDT 2009

Now that I've conquered Amazon S3's Query String Auth and successfully
securely streamed video from my S3 account, I wanted to see if I could spare
someone else the juggling of flaming chainsaws I went through to get here.
I wrote up a moderately annotated tutorial here:
http://72.9.251.146/~bizbacom/code/secure_s3.php

<http://72.9.251.146/~bizbacom/code/secure_s3.php>I'm interested in any
feedback, whether it's my superficial understanding of PHP, my
nearly nonexistent understanding of encryption, my writing style or just my
twisted sense of humour, I'm interested in what works, what's broken, and
what totally cheeses you off.

What would really delight me would be if someone who's never done this (and,
based on my unanswered queries to thelist, I'm guessing that's a large
audience even here) would actually walk through the tutorial and see if they
can reproduce the desired results.

joel

--
Joel at Bizba6.com