[thelist] Subversion: How to "delete" old, already deleted files

Stefan Schwarzer st.schwarzer at geois.de
Mon Oct 5 02:19:01 CDT 2009

Hi there,

I am not very fluent in subversion. I just use it for backing up in a
versioned manner my code. And because I do the backup ("commit") only
from time to time, I have a couple of files which I've deleted or
placed somewhere else which show off in the subversion list as "D"
files:

D      htdocs/mod_table/extremes_table.tpl
D      htdocs/mod_table/table.tpl
D      htdocs/mod_table/table_profile.tpl

I've looked through the doc, but can't find anything. I remember
vaguely that one way to solve this is to create the files again, and
then delete them from the repository. But is there any other way?

Thanks for any tips,

Stef

   Lean Back and Relax - Enjoy some Nature Photography
   http://photoblog.la-famille-schwarzer.de

   Appetite for Global Data? UNEP GEO Data Portal:
   http://geodata.grid.unep.ch