[thelist] Subversion: How to "delete" old, already deleted files

Tim Snadden lists at snadden.com
Mon Oct 5 13:17:54 CDT 2009

On 5/10/2009, at 8:19 PM, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am not very fluent in subversion. I just use it for backing up in a
> versioned manner my code. And because I do the backup ("commit") only
> from time to time, I have a couple of files which I've deleted or
> placed somewhere else which show off in the subversion list as "D"
> files:
>
> D      htdocs/mod_table/extremes_table.tpl
> D      htdocs/mod_table/table.tpl
> D      htdocs/mod_table/table_profile.tpl

This is just saying that you have deleted them but that you haven't
committed those deletions to the repository yet. Next time you commit
they won't be listed. If it bothers you then cd into the mod_tables
directory and commit only those files with the comment 'deleting old
files' or something.

Cheers, Tim