[thelist] PHP Templates

Chris Dempsey chris at gettheedgeonline.com
Tue Oct 6 08:35:22 CDT 2009

Simon,

Don't have a specific view to put across but you may find the following
links useful:

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/PHP/Building-a-Template-Parser-Class-with-PHP
-Part-I/

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/PHP/Building-a-Template-Parser-Class-with-PHP
-Part-II/

I needed a lightweight token based template system for some work we did
and based it on this.  Part two of the article adds caching capability
to the template parser.

I vaguely remember looking at something called Serendipity at the time
of deciding which route to follow.  If memory serves, it was a
reasonably hefty solution but not quite as big as Smarty so that may
also be worth a look.

Chris