[thelist] Sending Bulk Email

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 12:10:47 CDT 2009

I have a client who has a list of several thousand emails. He wants to
send them a one time email, offering his services. AFAIK it's not
spam, because he will only send it once.

But there's around a thousand or two for each domain, so if we just
send them all at once (via a simple custom PHP script) perhaps the
recipient server will take offense and stop them.

So we thought to send 20 every hour from 9 am to 6 pm via cron. Then
they will not look suspicious.

Sounds reasonable?

Even though this whole idea sounds like spam, I personally am willing
to do this job because I don't think it really will be considered
spam--the addresses are somewhat targeted and the letter is very
friendly, basically offering his services if they're interested, and
if not, they can ignore it.

Thanks.