[thelist] Video sizing - anyone have any tips on shrinking/compressing video?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 15 15:53:03 CDT 2009

On 2009/10/15 09:44 (GMT-0700) Gersten, John composed:

> we have lots of visitors ... who
> are elderly with at-present very limited bandwidth on much older machines,
> all of whom seem to enjoy and benefit from our short, small-screen
> informational videos without complaint.

Don't confuse "retired people" with the elderly. Not all elderly can afford
to be retired. The ones who can actually afford retirement typically are
using their ample enough resources to be using newer, aka higher resolution,
computers, and broadband, while those who can't afford to be retired are
using POTS and older computers, or no computers. Just because the retired can
afford newer computers doesn't mean they can have the vision they had as
teenagers, much less elderly who can't afford either.

Many of those who don't complain don't because they left after finding
inaccessible (tiny) content, and/or feel like to complain is futile.
--
"   A patriot without religion . . . is as great a
paradox, as an honest man without the fear of God. . . .

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/