[thelist] MySQL search everywhere?

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Sun Oct 18 16:57:57 CDT 2009

Stephen,

If this is MySQL then you should be able to dump the database, then,
worse comes to worse, using your favorite editor such as 'vi', visually
inspect it.

As a shell script:

#!/bin/sh

u="username"
p="password"
db="database"
mysqldump -hlocalhost -u$u -p$p --all-databases > alldatabases.sql
mysqldump -hlocalhost -u$u -p$p $db > database.sql

You could do something similar by making up a for loop of database
tables that look promising.  Will this help?

-Bob