[thelist] Multiple Domain Names

Joel Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Mon Oct 26 12:20:27 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com>wrote:

> >From what I've read, having multiple domain names pointing to the same
> site is actually *bad* for SEO.

while it's entirely possible that there may be some negative relation in
some algorithm somewhere, stop fussing about what the search engines want,
and consider: how does this affect a real human being's search?

it's not hard to figure out that all those domains point the same place. I
can ignore any that I don't remember, but if I see three domains on
different sites, and discover they all point the same place, I only care if
I needed those three to be different sites. if I was looking for *your*
site, I don't care if there are eleven ways to get there.

joel