[thelist] Definition lists

Susan Payne Susan.Payne at cpa.state.tx.us
Tue Oct 27 12:10:56 CDT 2009

Thanks for all the input on definition lists. It is indeed a sticky
situation

> I don't see anything wrong with using a DL for an FAQ. Certainly
better
>than using a bunch of DIVs or SPANs.

Well this a semantic issue, not a presentation one so divs/spans weren't
part of the consideration for me. The other options I would use instead
of a dl would be paragraphs for each question and answer;
header/paragraph; or unordered list. I think the header/paragraph is
what I'll use in the future. The person who built this site also used
dl's for navigation which really seems odd.

One of the links someone sent yesterday noted that the usage for dl's
might be changed in HTML 5 anyway so I think I'm going to stick to a
very strict definition of "definition".

Susan Payne

Website Administrator | Fiscal Information
Fiscal Management | Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
susan.payne at cpa.state.tx.us | 512-463-7639