[thelist] css menu problem

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Wed Oct 28 05:43:01 CDT 2009

Lisa,

The reason IE screws up is because it interprets elements differently.
Read this article:

http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200612/internet_explorer_and_the_css_b
ox_model/

I use suggestion 3, conditional comments for all websites that I create now.
You can tweak the CSS for each version of IE, since they all suck in
different ways.

I will be interested to hear why others use UL for menus. I do it because it
is a convenient way to style a group of the same elements without having to
use a separate div for each element.

Nan