[thelist] css menu problem

David Laakso david at chelseacreekstudio.com
Wed Oct 28 09:36:03 CDT 2009

Birdie wrote:
> http://www.koolfish.com/test/index.html
>

> 1.	In IE there is a gap between the red nav bar div and the gold
> donations div which I can not seem to eliminate.
> 2.	Is it possible to align the the red menu items to the right in the
> red menu bar and if so how do I do that?

Hi, yourself...
If you'll pardon the expression, the changes required are too many to
/list/ here. Please see corrections and notes on the CSS file. Fwiw, no
specific correction (hack) for IE/6 is needed.
Cursory checked in Opera, FF, Seamonkey, IE /6, IE /7, and IE/8.
html
<http://chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/50.htm>
css
<http://chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/50_files/mainstyl.css>

> On a side note,
>
> Am I correct in building the menu as a <ul> ?

Yes.

> Should my donations link be in its own <ul>

No.

>  or is that fine just to leave as
> text?

Yes.
> Why do you use a list for a menu when it's a menu and not a list?

In a restaurant, a menu is simply a list of items you can purchase to
eat, drink, and get sick on.
In html an unordered list (ul), or an ordered list (ol), are a list of
items (regardless if the list is set vertically or horizontally), too.
In your site, I suppose you might sat they are a list of destinations
within the site a user might go.
If it is more clear to you to change the id from #menu to #destinations
(or whatever you like) do so.

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Lisa

Sure.