[thelist] Do you use :visited in CSS?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 30 07:08:34 CDT 2009

On 2009/10/30 11:12 (GMT+0200) Fred Jones composed:

> Nielsen says { http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9605.html } that one of
> the "Top Ten Mistakes in Web Design" is "Not Changing the Color of
> Visited Links".

> Do people agree? I personally do NOT change the color of visited links
> because I think it's confusing to users who don't know what it means.

I think the only reason visitors don't know what it means is that too many
sites don't change color of visited links. It seems modern sites more often
than not don't do it. Nevertheless, I agree 100% with Nielsen on this.
--
"   A patriot without religion . . . is as great a
paradox, as an honest man without the fear of God. . . .

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/