[thelist] Having trouble showing text after an ampersand on a Mac

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Sat Nov 7 08:14:12 CST 2009

Hi Folks,

On this website:
http://concordpublicschools.net/

the left side navigation has a link called Finance & Operations. On Macs
though, the word Operations is dropped, something to do with the ampersand I
guess.
The way I create this page is using a template, setting the parameters and
then use
$page->CreatePage();

the createpage function, but I am not sure this matters:

  foreach ($this->parameters as $key => $value) { // Loop through all the
parameters and set the variables to values.
   $template_name = '<!--{' . $key . '}-->';
   $this->html = str_replace ($template_name, $value, $this->html);

I have tried changing the ampersand to &#38; and &amp; but neither work. I
made the link be a variable and echo it there, doesn't work, although it
worked on my iPhone, where the first two ways didn't. But my boss, on a Mac
says the word Operations still doesn't show,

Maybe I am using the wrong DTD? I am terrible with DTDs. Or some quirk on
Macs? Does anyone have a suggestion for me?

Thanks!
Nan