[thelist] Having trouble showing text after an ampersand on a Mac

James Hardy evolt at weeb.biz
Sat Nov 7 13:19:15 CST 2009

2009/11/7 Nan Harbison <nan at nanharbison.com>:
> Hi Folks,
>
> On this website:
> http://concordpublicschools.net/
>
> the left side navigation has a link called Finance & Operations. On Macs
> though, the word Operations is dropped, something to do with the ampersand I
> guess.

On my Linux PC running Firefox 3.0 at default text zoom Operations is
also missing, but changing the zoom level (either bigger or smaller)
and it sometimes reappears. Looking at the source of the page, it is
definitely there. I would imagine this means it is a wrapping issue,
it does not have quite enough space, so it wraps to

Finance &
Operations

but Operations is cut off due to the height of the containing element

James Hardy