[thelist] User-friendly issue-capture & tracking

Mike Maughan mike at maughan.co.uk
Fri Dec 4 18:40:16 CST 2009

Morning all,

I'm hoping to identify a user-friendly issue-capture & tracking tool I can
use to support both our family history project website and my wife's railway
club.

I need something that an "average" person - non-techie - can use without
being frightened off, ideally with both website & email interfaces, and that
I can then manage in background.  It would be good to be able to link or
export the issues to a PM tool but that's a nice-to-have.

Hosting environment is a shared-host LAMP facility at dreamhost.com, and
they are pretty flexible about software installs.  I am OK with package
installs & config but not up to much (preferably not any) custom
development.

I'm familiar with the likes of bugzilla and whilst I appreciate the
functionality is there I'm not up to the task of extensive reconfiguration
to make it user-friendly for a non-tech audience.

Oh, and free or "very reasonable" please :)

Can anyone help, please?

Regards, Mike