[thelist] Email Newsletters and Stylesheets

Kirk Roberts Design business at kirkrobertsdesign.com
Sun Dec 6 14:34:36 CST 2009

Sure you can still use paragraph tags.
I just ran into issues with some readers when I was specifying
vertical padding/margins.
The problem being the padding/margin specifications were simply ignored.
The culprits are older Lotus Notes and (some flavors of) Outlook 2007.
See this matrix for details: http://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/

By the same idea, you can code your emails using xhtml if you want,
but certain readers might not like it.
Why not cater to the lowest common denominator and be safe?

Here's a nice overview of best practices: http://www.mailchimp.com/articles/how_to_code_html_emails/

Kirk

--

Kirk Roberts Design