[thelist] Email Newsletters and Stylesheets

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Sun Dec 6 14:54:45 CST 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-05 at 08:40 -0700, Bob Meetin wrote:
> I'm working with a newsletter program.  In general what is the preferred
> method of implementing styles, stylesheets, preferably other than
> embeding style <div style="font-size: 2em; color: #191970;"> with an
> element?

My preferred method of receiving newsletters is plain text in my e-mail
box with a link to the fancy HTML-CSS-Flash-and-kitchen-sink version
online, if deemed necessary.

I never really saw the need for HTML in e-mail. I always thought HTML
belonged on the Web, and plain text (with attachments as needed)
belonged in the e-mail box.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>