[thelist] ffmpeg - .mov to .flv - lost audio

Joel Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Tue Dec 8 18:55:29 CST 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:

> ffmpeg -i movie.mov movie.flv
>
> The command worked fine to convert the video, but lost the audio.  I know
> the .mov has audio because I booted up my WinPC and converted it to .flv
> with Flash Video Encoder then used Flash to make an html file.
>
> Any idea why it would lose the audio?

because sometimes it just does?

dunno, really, but two days ago I did something similar. created a movie,
watched it, no sound. went through the process again, sound was fine, as it
had been on five movies earlier in the week, and has been for five since
then.

seemed like sunspots, or the phase of the moon.

joel