[thelist] Source Control

Christopher Marsh Christopher.Marsh at akqa.com
Fri Dec 18 04:59:50 CST 2009

Symeon

Many thanks for the response.

[..]

> > codebase. What we need to do is to be able to commit our code to a
> local repository, without it being
> > committed to the global repository. This is so we can test my code in

[..]

> You have just described git:

[..]

A quick clarification - when I use the term "local", I mean it in the sense of local to our network. There would be multiple developers committing changes to the same "local" repository, before these changes being propagated to the "global" repository. Does GIT support this (and I confess I'm being a little lazy in not finding this out on my own) do you know, or does each developer have their own local repository?

I note that SVK seems to work in a similar way, too:

http://svk.bestpractical.com/
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node=SVK

Many thanks!

--