[thelist] Mouseover map for div

Daniel Kessler danielk at umd.edu
Fri Jan 8 13:22:38 CST 2010

I have a floor plan (see floor plan below) and I'd like to make it so
that when an office is moused-over, a div shows displaying a pict of
the office and under that, the person's name and contact information.
I found something that allows me to do this on a link (see tool tip
below), but it's not working off of an image.  Do I make my image a
background image and place divs all over it?  I'd like to try and
implement an already existing library if possible, if you could
reference one.  I have jquery already loaded on the page.  Can you
suggest some pre-existing libraries that I could use?  If not, can you
suggest an approach?

floor plan
http://sph.umd.edu/about/building_renovations/plans/CHF.pdf

tool tip