[thelist] good illustrator tutorial(s)?

Flavia Tarzwell - Flah Design ftarzwell at fayec.com
Tue Jan 12 06:05:52 CST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Sarah Adams <sarahwbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been asked to learn how to create SVGs (scalable vector graphics).
> InkScape was suggested, since it's free, but I'm leaning towards
> Illustrator, since it is fairly standard in the industry. Can anyone
> share experience with InkScape that might change my mind on that?
> Otherwise, I'm looking for recommendations for a good tutorial(s) to get
> me started with Illustrator.

Since the others have already posted about Lynda.com I am going to
mention the Tutsplus.com family.
A very good collection of mostly free tutorials you can follow along.
You need to subscribe if you want the exercise files but most of them
can easily be followed without the need for the exercise files.
You can find tuts for Illustrator, Photoshop and many others.

FayeC

--
Flavia Silveira
http://flahdesign.com