[thelist] Adobe LiveCycle Concat XML Fields Together

j s jslist at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 20 12:18:54 CST 2010

Hi
I'm working with Adobe LiveCycle.
There's a form that has text fields populated by an XML file. I'm trying to concatenate 3 fields together. The only way I seem to be able to do this is to have the fields show up someplace else on the page. Since these forms will be sent out to customers, the data is only used in the top portion of the page not in secondary spots.

The XML file has 1 employee's info in it. Contains theses fields:
first & last name, address, city, state, zip, phone

I have the file bound to the form and where the fields aren't concatenated, the fields show up.
There's a table, in the form, and need to have "City, St Zip" appear in 1 line 1 cell.
Can't get it to appear with this: Concat(txtCity, Space(1), txtState, Space(1), txtZip)
or this: Concat($.employeeInfo.txtCity, Space(1), $.employeeInfo.txtState, Space(1), $.employeeInfo.txtZip)

Only txtCity will appear. If I have the txtstate someplace else on the form it will show in this concat statement.

What is the correct way to do this? Going thru the livecycle tutorials and can't seem to find out how.

Thanks
Jess