[thelist] Cross-OS testing for front-end work

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 09:35:46 CST 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Barney Carroll
<barney.carroll at gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I have been aware, since Safari 3 this is no longer necessary
> since all the relevant aspects of the browsers in question, including
> rendering engines, are identical. Anti-aliasing methods vary, but the net
> impact of this from my angle is making sure your chosen font is legible at
> the given sizes on Win with ClearType off (some Lucida variants being a
> great overlooked example). So from where I stand, it's unnecessary to test
> front-end work on a Mac if you're already testing on a PC.

As far as I know, this isn't true. Granted, I don't have a Mac, but I
still hear about issues regarding the variance between Mac type and
Windows type.

We don't test on Mac in office because the owners don't care about the
Mac. I test it when I can with my own work or business to be thorough.

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com