[thelist] Cross-OS testing for front-end work

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 26 13:47:22 CST 2010

On 2010/01/26 15:31 (GMT) Barney Carroll composed:

> 6+ months into my job, I have been told that it has always been absolutely
> crucial to test all front-end work on Mac (default OS at work is Windows).
> Our obligatory support list goes IE6-8, FF, and latest versions of Safari
> and Chrome.

Either one is good enough, or all should be tested. If you think you need to
test on Mac and Windows, then you need to test on Linux too, unless you deem
it OK to give FOSS software adherents and budget-conscious users of
hand-me-down systems a conceivably inferior experience.

If you design for resolution independence, then any should be adequate. OTOH,
if you're not using Linux, it takes a lot more hardware to emulate or
replicate any particular user environment.
--
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious
people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/