[thelist] Cross-OS testing for front-end work

Robert Lee rob at rob-n-steph.net
Tue Jan 26 14:58:46 CST 2010

While I don't do a lot of web design, I have VMware images for:IE6 (XP pre
SP1), Linux Mint (for FF), and OSX . I also test IE8 and Windows versions
of, Safari, Chrome, and Opera.

There was a discussion on a list recently (may or may not have been this
one, I don't remember), where a couple of those tools (BrowserLab in
particular IIRC) weren't actually displaying IE6 versions correctly.

HTH,
Rob