[thelist] Cross-OS testing for front-end work

Will willthemoor at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:51:29 CST 2010

We use 4 test machines that anyone in the office can remote into as
well as two macs and an ubuntu box. The machine are basically
gradients of browser versions. One has ie7, ff3, opera 9, safari 3.
Another had the same, minus a version number. The two are mirrored
except for OS - two have vista, two have xp. They are all horrible old
machines but they do the trick.

Most of the front end team also has virtual images but these are often
faster since they only require a login. Remote boxes also mean the qa
person and back end developers can use them.