[thelist] Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes ...

Sarah Adams sarahwbs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 13:33:42 CST 2010

>> I'm in the process of transferring from shared hosting to VPS.
>> Working with Joomla, the blog component is giving me fits.  I found
>> some posts talking about this and memory limit, but not sure why this
>> would have come up now on the VPS.  What difference is the culprit,
>> and how to resolve?
>>
>> -Bob
> added this to my ~/www/templates/$template/index.php file:
> ini_set('memory_limit', '64M');
>
> seems to help ... testing

Bob - I had similar problems a few months ago. The server admin found
part of the solution was to change

php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 1000

to a higher value. Now I don't personally know what suhosin is or does
(something to do with security in PHP) and more importantly I don't know
why Joomla would require more than 1000 post vars in a request... but it
did the trick :)