[thelist] Viability of Wordpress Sites for clients

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 15:27:21 CST 2010

> will clients be coming back in a year or two (or five) asking why their
> sites are broken?

Is this a problem or an opportunity? ;)

I don't have any experience of Wordpress, but I would advise, as regards the
kind of situation you describe above, to have some frankness with your
clients. For instance, you have to tell them that you are not directly
accountable for the stability of their server space, right? A general
low-level education as regards the extent of your accountability and that of
other services you are utilising for the client's benefit is not only
rewarding from their perspective, but also allows you to cover yourself from
such eventualities. When something bad happens to their site miles down the
line, it isn't necessarily your fault - but then again you might be able to
help them sort out whatever has happened for a modest fee.

Regards,
Barney Carroll

barney.carroll at gmail.com
07594 506 381