[thelist] blacklists and hotmail or comcast

Jeremy Weiss eccentric.one at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 13:53:54 CDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:
> So to make a long story short, is there anything else I need to be aware of
> to avoid  getting her blacklisted?  Is there anything particular about
> hotmail or comcast that paves an ugly path?
>
> -Bob

Bob,

In addition to what you mentioned, you will probably need to include
your client's address (per CAN-SPAM act: http://tinyurl.com/6ldb88).
And to help with complaints and unsubs I always try to remind them of
when/where they signed up (if that's possible).

I've never had any problems with Hotmail, but I have run into Comcast
a few times. Their system kept black listing me automatically. The
best I could do with them was to contact them and ask them to remove
me from the black list each time. They were always willing to do so.

HTH,
Jeremy