[thelist] iphone apps

Will willthemoor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 11:55:42 CDT 2010

> Several Joomla templates at my disposal already have built in
> functionality for delivering a mobile or iphone version.
>
> -Bob

I think perhaps you're still mixing up iPhone apps and iPhone friendly
websites.

Apps are written in objective-c, compiled and distributed via the app
store.

iPhone friendly websites are just HTML and css. I think this is what
you're asking about. If you have iPhone friendly joomla templates at
your disposal, I'd start there. Have your client check it out on their
device and revise.

There's nothing special you need to do to make your site work for
smart phones (presuming you've built the site with wc3 standards in
mind). There's lots that you can do to enhance the experience though
and some of the previously included links will help you do just that.