[thelist] Mac advice?

Jay Turley jayturley at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 17:26:50 CDT 2010

For me, it's not so much a "lack" as a "lack of choices".

In Windows, you have tons of software to choose from, while with Mac,
I seem to find there are usually only a few versions of each type of
software.

However, that hasn't hampered me in the least.

I am using MAMP (might get Pro, but haven't decided yet), TextMate,
Versions, Things (with iPhone app syncing), Gimp, and Filezilla. With
this, I have had ZERO problems developing sites.

I've longed for more games (hello, Steam, hurry up with Mac support),
but when it comes to gettings things done, the Mac supports me
perfectly.

Jay