[thelist] google search for a legitimate subject returns weird result

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Sat May 1 16:02:21 CDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Nan Harbison <nan at nanharbison.com> wrote:

> A client of mine has a very active Drupal website and Wordpress blog,

> search on Google for one of the latest topics on his blog, the hits come
> back with wrong information, and if I mention what it is here, this email
> will be marked as spam., I don't understand how this is happening.

> The link to the blog article is correct, but NOT the blurb of info under the
> title of the article.

Just looked at the page in question, and no, I don't see it either.

However, I took the top line of spam from the query result and googled
that, and found a lot of other compromised sites. Both Wordpress and
vBulletin seem well-represented. :-)

Since I don't use either I can only suggest asking a Wordpress-specific
mailing list or group.

HTH!
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
twitter: @hassan