[thelist] Higher Screen Resolutions

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Thu May 20 21:35:38 CDT 2010

Kimberley Rivero wrote:
> Don't forget that not all users will run their web browsers full
> screen.  I run my browser full screen on my netbook and my laptop, but
> never, ever do so on my big huge desktop monitor.  The reason I have a
> large monitor is so that I can have multiple apps open and visible on
> the screen at once.
>
> - Kim

That's pretty much how I think and work as well.  I was afraid that I
would open a can of worms with this post, but I just needed a little
reassurance that the stats might be slanted by techy user base and that
1024x768 wasn't so bad.

I think one of his observations was that google was now designed for
widescreen, whereas it's really fluid width, thus negating the argument.

-Bob