[thelist] Sales and Visits

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 14:28:14 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well for this site a sale is just when somebody buys a new account.
> That's it. Each new account is 1 sale. The rest of the site is static.
> The whole site is basically static. :)

So, "Sales" is the number of new accounts from the website (i.e.,
excludes all business from recurring customers and excludes all
business from channels other than the website (phone, print, in-person
marketing, word-of-mouth, etc.))? And the sale month is determined by
the date when the order is sent in from the website?

I do notice a potential time lag between traffic spikes and sales
spikes. Your sales trough in Jan follows a traffic trough in Dec
(likely due to the holidays), but then March traffic and April sales
is evidence that this might not be a trend.

I know you intended this to be simple, but there are still a lot of
questions to nail down before you can really say whether you can gain
any insight into what is going on. I don't think you can pass this off
as simple noise, because you have pretty large swings in the new
customers sales data.

>> (If you don't want to register, ping me directly and I can send it to you.)
>
> Yeah, I would love to see it if you can send it.

Sent you a note offlist.

--
Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA