[thelist] 100% editable CMS?

Pieter Roosens pieter at roosensdesign.com
Mon Jun 21 05:40:43 CDT 2010

Op 21-jun-10, om 12:26 heeft Simon MacDonald het volgende geschreven:

> I have a potential customer who wants to be able to edit 100% of his
> web-site including any themes/colour schemes and branding. He is
> used to
> using MS Publisher which will allows him to edit pages and generate
> html
> pages (horrible, horrible html/css).
>

> I use WordPress to build sites and find it a flexible easy to use
> tool.
> There are lots of plugins that allow you create menus, and so on,
> and to a
> limited extent edit the theme. I can't find a user friendly theme
> editor
> plugin that has the ability to allow the user to change the theme
> of their
> site. I've toyed with writing one myself, but don't have the time (or
> inclination) at the moment. I've searched the wordpress plugin
> library and
> can't see anything close to what the client wants.
>

> Anybody know of a WP plugin?
>
> Incidentally, do other open source  CMS allow this degree of
> flexibility for
> the user - I've looked at Joomla in the past, but can't recall that
> it can
> do it?

FWIW, this is a theme that is very flexible and can be edited to some
extent:
http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/atahualpa
Maybe it's enough for your client.
I guess they don't want to edit really a whole theme because then
they should be able to make one ;-)

Pieter