[thelist] IE HTML help

Scott Brady dsbrady at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 07:17:23 CDT 2010

This is really frustrating (you probably guessed that when you saw "IE" in
the subject line).  I'm helping a friend out with a site he's working on
(and by "helping" I mean "he's paying me for this") and I'm mostly done.
But, I'm running into a few quirks in the look of the page in IE 7 & 8.

First, the site:  http://ww.divineoutdoors.com/  [you should only see that
annoying splash page once per session]

It looks fine in other browsers, but IE puts two small vertical gaps in the
layout.  I've tried just about everything I can think of an was hoping for a
little guidance on getting it to look right in IE along with the others.

Oh, and yes, I know it's a table layout, which I'm not thrilled with.  He
gave it to me sliced up that way.  Last night, I tried going down the road
of doing it all with CSS, but ran into a similar problem (I'm guessing IE's
box model is STILL broken).

So, I'd appreciate if anyone could spot any obvious things I'm missing (all
the widths and heights look right).

Thanks!

Scott